Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hurray! Big Monkey Wins the Gold!

My journey to Beijing was going to be a long one, so I just strapped on my safety belt, settled into my airplane seat, and mentally prepared myself for the race of a lifetime!

My hard work paid off, and I won gold in the Monkathon! It was the greatest moment in my life. All I could think about was the lifetime supply of bananas that would be coming my way soon. Of course I will share them with my friends because that's only fair. They have supported and cheered me on for many years. You might have heard the Olympic sportscasters on NPC (National Primate Channel) analyze my physique on their broadcast. They said my unique pantyhose filling allows for optimal, lightning fast leg movement. Most sock monkeys are stuffed with polyester fiberfill which slows them down when they try to run. They also said my compact, streamlined ears create less wind resistance than some of the other sock monkeys with big, flapping ears (kind of like my friend Farcus). I don't think that Grandma had this in mind when she made me years ago... ha ha!

The picture below is from the actual medal ceremony in Beijing. Don't you love the rose bouquet? When I brought it home, Farcus tried to eat it. Ha ha! He loves the taste of flowers for some reason. My lifetime supply of bananas should be on it's way to Crystal Beach shortly! I can't wait!
After Beijing, I returned to the United States and went on a whirlwind tour. It was lots of fun! I'll be posting some pictures from my travels real soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee. Congrats Big Monkey! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Fred! Maybe we can race sometime?

Anonymous said...

that's cute! looks like you had a lot of fun.