Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Moffitt Cancer Center

Yesterday I went with Mark to Moffitt Cancer Center for his monthly chemotherapy. He's been undergoing treatment since August 2006 for malignant brain and more recently spine cancer. If you want to check out his blog sometime, see Mark's Melon under "Blogs I Follow". Here I am waiting on the exam chair for Mark's doctor.

I will be assisting Mark's doctor as he administers the chemotherapy. I better put some gloves on first.

I hope you're not squeamish. If so, don't look at the next picture. Mark's doctor injects the chemotherapy directly into his brain via an Ommaya reservoir which is implanted in his head. In layman's terms, it's his Staples "easy button". Doc, you sure do make it look easy.

We're all done! Everything went smoothly as you can tell by the smiles on our faces.

As a special treat, Mark and Laura go to an awesome restaurant called Jason's Deli after appointments at Moffitt. Jason's Deli was listed as one of the top healthiest restaurants in America by Health Magazine. They offer a wide variety of organic ingredients in their sandwiches and large salad bar. Although that's quite impressive, the reason I like Jason's Deli is their all you can eat soft serve ice cream (probably not organic... oh well!)

No comments: