Saturday, November 28, 2009

Chef Big Monkey Shares His Green Bean Casserole Recipe

I'm going to divulge my recipe for green bean casserole which I prepare every year for Thanksgiving (and Christmas too). Here's the ingredient list:

Paste:
2 T flour
2 T sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 T butter

Other Ingredients:
2 cans french style green beans, drained
1 pt. sour cream
2 c. shredded swiss cheese
2 c. corn flakes

Here I am shredding the swiss cheese into a bowl.

Then I combine the drained green beans and sour cream with the shredded cheese.

Next I cook the paste ingredients in a small sauce pan until they thicken. Then the paste gets mixed into my bowl. I spread the bowl contents into a 13" x 9" casserole dish.

Now it's time to make the topping. I slightly brown approximately 2 c. of corn flakes with a dab of butter in a frying pan. Once the flakes are finished, I sprinkle them over the casserole dish contents. Then it's into the preheated oven at 350 F for approximately 20-25 minutes. I hope you enjoy this tasty side dish as much as my family does. Bon appetit!

No comments: