Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chef Big Monkey Prepares Lasagna - Part 2

I boiled a 16 oz. box of lasagna noodles for about 15 minutes in a giant cauldron of water with a pinch of salt and a dash of oil. After draining the cooked noodles, I ran cold water over them (very important so that you don't burn your paws). Then I arranged them on paper towels to dry.

Now it's time for the fun part - making the layers. Begin by lightly greasing your pan. I used cooking spray. Then cover the bottom with some sauce. The layers go noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, sauce, repeat. I have exactly enough noodles and fixin's to make 6 layers.

After finishing my layers, I top everything off with parmesan cheese. I recommend freshly grated, but if you want to save time you can use the bottled stuff.

I estimated the cook time to be approximately 45 minutes due to the amount of layers in my pan. At the very end, I turned on the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese on top.
Here's the finished product out of the oven and ready to serve.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks really tasty! Can I have some? Please forward it to Norway!

Big Monkey said...

I'll send you a slab o' lasagna on a block of dry ice. Then you can show the Norwegians how to make dry ice bombs!