Saturday, November 14, 2009

1st Annual Run for Primates - 11/14/09 - Part 1

The event of the weekend in Palm Harbor was the 1st Annual Run for Primates, which benefited my friends at the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary. The run was held in Wall Springs Park, which some of you might remember from my previous posts this summer. On Thursday, Laura and I went to the sanctuary to complete our registration. You can see some pictures of my chimp, monkey and orangutan buddies on the cork board in the background.

I did a little investigating while we were signing up.

Here's a picture of Bob the Chimp. Apparently he'll be participating in Saturday's race. Check out those running shoes.

For all of you aspiring runners out there, bananas are the premier pre-race fuel. Laura and I downed a few for energy prior to our run.

No comments: