Sunday, August 9, 2009

Introducing my new pal, Matilda

I am waiting patiently for Laura to return from our grocery store, Publix. She is bringing home a new family member for me today. Our friend Carla, who works at Publix, has generously allowed us to adopt her daughter's childhood sock monkey.

Hurry home, Laura. I want to play with my new pal.

She's here! Her name is Matilda, and she is in wonderful condition for her 30+ years. I think we're going to get along splendidly!

I gave Matilda a tour of the yard, and she especially enjoyed the view from our deck.

While we were playing outside, we made a lizard friend. I hear my pals calling from inside the house, so I better take Matilda to meet everyone. What a wonderful end to the weekend. Here's to the start of a beautiful friendship!

No comments: