Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Surgery Day

As some of you may know, Mark had surgery today to implant an Ommaya Reservoir in his head for future chemotherapy. He has a fantastic blog with incredibly detailed information about his condition at Mark's Melon if you want to check it out. Here I am doing my pre-operative examination of the patient's head at the hospital this morning.

During and after surgery, I kept track of Mark's vital signs. Here I am checking his temperature. I am wearing my surgical gown and mask to maintain a sterile environment for my patient post surgery. By the way, everything went very well! Mark will come home tomorrow, and he'll be enjoying a big Thanksgiving celebration feast on Thursday. I'm sure he'll update his blog very soon with all of the medical details.



No comments: