Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Big Presentation at the Bank

My presence was requested as the keynote speaker at last Thursday's morning meeting at the bank. The focus of the meeting was customer service, and I was given a specific topic to cover. I can't reveal too much internal company information, but I will share my presentation board with key concepts illustrated. I wore my power suit and Chuck Taylor high tops, like all the big executives do, to make sure I was taken seriously.

To make my presentation more memorable, I came up with an acronym (A RED HEEL) for the list of items up for discussion. This phrase is easy for sock monkeys (and humans familiar with sock monkeys) to remember since we're made from red heeled socks.

I went through the topics by aiming my laser pointer at each item on my presentation board. I was told by Mark that all official presenters must use one of these tools. My pointer is actually in the shape of a mouse. It's used to drive the tuxedo cats at home crazy by moving it haphazardly across the floor, wall, etc. while the cats try to "catch" the elusive red dot.

My presentation was followed by much applause and appreciation by the bank employees. I think this will lead to my promotion to at least the V.P. level (Vice Primate). I'm not sure what compensation I will accept, but the offer must be in the six banana figure range.

2 comments:

Noah said...

Hi, Big Monkey!

Wow!! That was an awesome presentation!! If you get promoted to Vice Primate, maybe they will give you some really good vacation and travel perks, so you can fly to Oklahoma with Laura and meet me and the gang!

Love, Noah

Big Monkey said...

Hi Noah,

That would certainly be worth all my hard work. Now I just need to convince the bank to open some branches in OK so we can arrange a "business" trip.