Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My 15 Seconds of Fame on The Today Show with Kathie Lee and Hoda

You might remember when I announced my Facebook profile under the name "Velike Ludorije" which is my name translated into Croation. I recently joined the Facebook fan club for The Today Show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb. These ladies regularly discuss and share their fans' postings and photographs on their live television show which airs at 10:00 am (depending on location) on NBC, Monday through Friday. I've been diligently following the show, making relevant comments, and uploading some of the photos you've seen on my blog to their Facebook fan site for about a week or two. The odds of me getting noticed are pretty slim, since there are thousands of people doing the same thing. One day Hoda, Kathie Lee and their assistant Sarah were dancing to a song by Beyonce called "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". As a side note, I also learned that Hoda and her family are Pittsburgh Steelers' fans. Last weekend, my cousin had posted a parody song "Steeler Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" on her Facebook page. I also posted a link to the song on my blog post dated 1/31/09. I had a light bulb moment and thought that maybe if I forwarded "Steeler Ladies" to Kathie Lee and Hoda, they might like it and play it on the show. Laura records their program daily, and Monday evening we were watching the show from that morning. We both nearly fell off the couch about 10 minutes into the program. If you want to find out why, just click the Play arrow below.

4 comments:

SoCk mONkEy QuEeN said...

Nice dance

Big Monkey said...

Thanks! They didn't end up playing the whole song the next day, but that's OK.

willis said...

Kathie Lee is sooooo washed up! C'mon Velike, you can do better than this!

Big Monkey said...

This is just the first step Willis. The holy grail is Will Ferrell. You have to admit that Hoda has it going on though!