Friday, September 10, 2010

Introducing My New Baby Brotha From Anotha Motha - Big Wonkey! (Part 2 of 2)

Day 3 (Sock 2) Big Wonkey can speak! His first words were "Wonk Wonk!"

The next step was crucial to our brotherhood. The eyes, which are made from pink and black felt, have it! I sacrificed the ability to breathe for a few minutes while Laura placed wax paper over my face in order to trace the exact shape of my eyeballs and pupils. If you look closely, my eyes are not symmetrical. Laura says that my left eye is friendly, and my right eye is evil. I say that my slightly imperfect eyes are part of my charm and style.

Big Wonkey was just relieved to be able to see. I gave him a cute knitted blue cap because that's what babies are supposed to wear.

Day 4 - The finale! Big Wonkey gets ears and a tail. I am so impressed with Laura's "labor" over the past few days. I feel like I'm looking in the mirror when I see my brother. I think that Grandma (Mom) would be proud too.

Big Wonkey was officially "born" on Thursday, September 9th. To celebrate his birth, we posed for a family photo. My brother One Eyed Jack joined us, along with my "mini me" Little Big Monkey.

Of course, our feline brother Karl had to join the festivities. Look for more photos of Big Wonkey in the near future. I have a feeling this kid is going to keep me on the go. He already wants his ears pierced with diamond studs like mine. I had to wait years to get mine pierced. These kids today grow up way too fast, and they want everything at once. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. Looks like a Wolverine fan to me.

8-)

Carsoon

Big Monkey said...

Noooo way, dude! PSU all the way!